Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Veg*n cooking shows

I love watching cooking shows. The Food Network is a huge staple in my TV diet (har har), but I don't enjoy watching all the prawns and kobe steaks being prepared and eaten. What I do like is people who are as excited about food and sharing the preparation of food as I am.

I've been a big fan of the Post-Punk Kitchen for awhile, but today I found another cooking show that maybe even tops it. Everyday Dish is a vegan cooking show hosting Julie Hasson, Bryana Grogan, and Dreena Burton. It's not nearly as punk rock as PPK (obviously), but it is a very normalized, Food Network-worthy cooking show with a nice kitchen, hosts who annunciate words like Giada, and lots of nice looking, not bloody or gross food. Mmm. Unfortunately, watching a vegan show makes a lot hungrier than watching the Food Network.

No comments: