Saturday, June 23, 2007

Roadtrip snacks

I took a pretty long roadtrip today to a faraway state where there is a lot of corn and rural space. I always hate roadtrips because it is impossible to find vegetarian or vegan food at any of the usual places: gas stations, fast food restaurants, or the occassional sit-down place along the way. I, however, came prepared. We didn't have to stop (except to get gas) and got there an hour earlier than we expected.

Here's what I packed:

-Sunflower seed rye bread with hummus sandwiches
-Apples
-Flavored almonds (Blue Diamond brand Jalapeno-flavored. So addicting)
-Sunflower seed, soy nut, almond, cranberry, and apricot trail mix
-Parsnip chips from Trader Joe's
-Bottles of water

I was so full when we got here that I didn't even feel like lunch!

No comments: